Job: Telecom Operational Support System (OSS) Engineer
Full Time position, Location: Markham, ON
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with 5-7 years of related telecom engineering experience and strong focus on Operational Support Systems (OSS)
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities and proven related working experience
- Working knowledge on Java, Perl, Python scripting as well as north bound and south bound communication protocols
- Strong knowledge of SNMP and similar network management protocols
- Knowledge of or experience with WCDMA, LTE, GSM, CDMA, TDMA wireless technologies and network infrastructure (BTS, BSC, MSC, OMC, PDSN) and protocols (SS7, IS-95, IS-2000, TCP/IP).
- Co-op or Internship work experience in a technology environment would be an asset. Knowledge of signaling analysis, call flow, cell drop analysis and/or experience with UMTS and LTE are definite plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and spoken English communications skills.
- Possess a good team spirit and have the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Self-starter, capable of taking initiative to identify and resolve problems. Able to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Able to work shift work including night / weekend periodically and irregular hours as required
- Responsible for Wireless and Wireline OSS products including M2000, U2000, I2000 support, testing and troubleshooting.
- Provide on-site and remote support to Canadian Operators on OSS product issues.
- Perform upgrade, routine inspection, and system diagnosis for the live network. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and identify network/applications issues.
- Use TAC tools, technical knowledge, lab equipment, trouble ticket system and on-line resources for high quality and speedy customer issue resolution.
- Provide training and technical support to colleagues and subcontractors who work for Huawei and deploy OSS hardware installation and commissioning.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and performance measurement analysis
- Demonstrates and practices regularly the skills necessary to handle any CS and/or Technical Support call type that is routed through the center in this function.
- Evaluate customers concerns and resolve problems to customer satisfaction.
- Follows up with customer to ensure first call resolution and achieves and delivers 100% customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to improvement of ticket handling and other operational quality KPIs
- Develops and maintains healthy long term relationship with all stakeholders
- Full compliance to cyber security rules set forth for protection of Customer and Huawei data