Job: Telecom Operational Support System (OSS) Engineer
Full Time position, Location: Markham, ON
Huawei Technologies Vision is to ‘enrich life through communication’. This is achieved with keen focus on our customers' market challenges and needs, providing excellent communications network solutions and services in order to consistently create maximum value for customers.
At present we have an exciting opportunity for a Telecom Operational Support System (OSS) Engineer . This position will be based in Markham, Ontario.
Full Time position, Location: Markham, ON
The OSS (Operational Support Systems) Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is an important point of contact with Huawei’s customers, responsible to provide exceptional Customer Service while providing accurate and efficient technical support. The TSE works with external customers, product development, verification teams, project management, marketing teams, Huawei Global Technical Support Organization and contractors at Huawei and/or customer sites providing customer service and technical support for all Operational Support System products.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with 5-7 years of related telecom engineering experience and strong focus on Operational Support Systems (OSS)
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities and proven related working experience
- Working knowledge on Java, Perl, Python scripting as well as north bound and south bound communication protocols
- Strong knowledge of SNMP and similar network management protocols
- Knowledge of or experience with WCDMA, LTE, GSM, CDMA, TDMA wireless technologies and network infrastructure (BTS, BSC, MSC, OMC, PDSN) and protocols (SS7, IS-95, IS-2000, TCP/IP).
- Co-op or Internship work experience in a technology environment would be an asset. Knowledge of signaling analysis, call flow, cell drop analysis and/or experience with UMTS and LTE are definite plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and spoken English communications skills.
- Possess a good team spirit and have the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Self-starter, capable of taking initiative to identify and resolve problems. Able to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Able to work shift work including night / weekend periodically and irregular hours as required
- Responsible for Wireless and Wireline OSS products including M2000, U2000, I2000 support, testing and troubleshooting.
- Provide on-site and remote support to Canadian Operators on OSS product issues.
- Perform upgrade, routine inspection, and system diagnosis for the live network. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and identify network/applications issues.
- Use TAC tools, technical knowledge, lab equipment, trouble ticket system and on-line resources for high quality and speedy customer issue resolution.
- Provide training and technical support to colleagues and subcontractors who work for Huawei and deploy OSS hardware installation and commissioning.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and performance measurement analysis
- Demonstrates and practices regularly the skills necessary to handle any CS and/or Technical Support call type that is routed through the center in this function.
- Evaluate customers concerns and resolve problems to customer satisfaction.
- Follows up with customer to ensure first call resolution and achieves and delivers 100% customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to improvement of ticket handling and other operational quality KPIs
- Develops and maintains healthy long term relationship with all stakeholders
- Full compliance to cyber security rules set forth for protection of Customer and Huawei data
We thank all candidates for their interest in a career with Huawei Technologies; however only those selected for an interview will
Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 5 most innovative technology companies in the world, Huawei Technologies provides working climate that promotes high-performance through:
- clarity of organizational and individual goals, and commitment to achieve the goals
- setting high performance standards and empowering employees to take responsibility for their work
- recognizing successful achievement of individual and team goals
- encouraging teamwork at every level, to ensure we accelerate productivity
Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for interest in career opportunities with Huawei; only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.