Search Telecom Hub in Google to find us any were

Wednesday 17 May 2017

A lady from Ericssion is Inspirational to all Telecom Engineer


As technology improves in leaps and bounds, it enables and empowers more women to enter professions which have been traditionally male dominated. At Ericsson for example, it is not uncommon to see women engineers responding to calls to repair or fix radio base stations and telecom towers. In fact, shattering gender stereotypes follows the company’s inclusive work culture which empowers its employees – irrespective of gender – with adequate and appropriate training and tools to manage in unfriendly and dangerous situations.
Ericsson attaches a lot of importance to ensure its employees and people working with them to provide connectivity are regularly trained and they take all requisite measures to provide them a safe working environment. It remains committed to provide individuals with unique tools and processes including trainings, refresher courses and routine tests in order to ensure their safety while on duty. In this second part of the Network Heroes series we look at the inspiring story of Jaya Sapam, an engineer from Imphal, Manipur.


Empowering #NetworkHeroes
Jaya is known amongst her work colleagues as Mary Kom – she is one of the very few women engineers who works in the field as a Maintenance Engineer. In simple words, she is responsible for making sure people get mobile networks in their devices.
Yes, friends and colleagues refer to me as Mary Kom, which is quite humbling yet embarrassing, as I am nowhere close to her in terms of achievement and her struggle. Yet I look to her for inspiration.”
Jaya is out on the field at least once every week making sure everything is working seamlessly. At times, she even has to examine and monitor telecom equipment on top of the towers, which gets a lot of onlookers as people seldom see lady engineers doing such jobs, especially in Imphal.

10 comments:

  1. Am a student of telecom engineering career, and I want to be like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a Problem, join a SubCon first, to learn more about telecom jobs, there you will be in position to choose your career onward in any field.

      Delete
    2. I'm also student in telecom and i'm stupefy

      Delete
  2. I think its a gd msg for all telecom engineers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm graduated from ICTI and now I am jobless & I'm looking for a job or a carrier in Telecom field

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am an installer regarding Telecom but i which to know more and be connected

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS FOR SHARING SUCH A AMAZING WORK
    GREAT PIECE OF WORK!!!
    network company in dubai

    ReplyDelete
  6. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. success is never owned

    ReplyDelete